Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine's Decor

Like a lot of people, I have mixed feelings about Valentine's Day. It's nice to have a holiday dedicated to love, but it pretty much sets up a lot of people for disappointment. When Jake and I very first started dating, our first Valentine's came around and I told him not to get me anything. I meant it the way every girl means it when she says you don't have to get her a present, which is to say I DIDN'T MEAN THAT AT ALL. What I really meant was "I want you to know exactly what I want and surprise me with it." Well Jake, being a normal person who doesn't speak crazy didn't get me anything. I bet you can imagine how that went over. I'll just say that I cried and Jake learned a valuable lesson that he has never forgotten.

Anyways, we haven't had any Valentine's disasters since, but we try not to put too much pressure on it. This is the first year I'm decorating for Valentine's Day. I wasn't planning on doing it, but there was so much great inspiration online that I just had to. Maybe it will bring us good Valentine's mojo!


I had so much fun with Sweethearts this year! They're so iconic... you pretty much can't avoid them when it comes to Valentine's Day. Plus, they're cheap! I bought a couple box frames from Ikea and filled them with Sweethearts.


I wanted to make some kind of centerpiece for our coffee table and I was able to throw something together with a melamine serving dish we already had, some Sweethearts and a few clear candle holders.


I tied my tea light holders with some different shades of pink and put them all over the house. It was simple and got some color around the apartment. Valentine's is pretty much the only time of the year that I can deal with bows.


Lastly, I put up a new frame right by the door. Right now it's holding this printable from "It Is What It Is". I'm planning to switch out the print for each holiday. AND I got the most amazing piece to put in there when there isn't anything going on. I can't wait to show it to you. It's in the mail. Until then, Happy Valentine's Decorating!

2 comments:

  1. Um, excuse me darling, but nowhere in this post did you put anything about the teal stencil photographed below. I want to see what it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, yes friend! that is for tomorrow! finishing touches...

    ReplyDelete