Friday, September 2, 2011

Squish

I'm very excited to announce that I am releasing a new blog!

I want to say, first of all, that the Jake and Tobi blog isn't going anywhere. I started this blog to keep friends and family updated about what we were doing... it's our family's little journal. I was flattered when strangers started to read it. Every once in a while I would post DIY tutorials or interior design projects we were doing in our apartment and I got such a great response from it. Then friends would come to me and ask me about projects or tell me about plans they had for their homes. I wanted to do more of that here on the blog, but I just felt that it wasn't the place. Jake and Tobi is about our life and I want to keep it personal. Thank you to everyone who likes to read about our latest adventure. Thats the stuff I'm going to keep talking about here.

On the new blog though, I want to focus on small spaces. I realized that there aren't enough blogs out there for young people who live in apartments, condos, dorms or studios. The ones that are out there are touting $1,000 lucite chairs, which are beautiful, but completely unattainable. On the new blog, I'm going to feature DIY projects that you really can do and house tours of real twenty-somethings. I'm going to look at how you can turn mansion sized inspiration into apartment sized decoration and compile lust lists of items you can actually save your pennies for.


The blog is called Squish, because it's playful and it's how we feel sometimes in our small spaces. I've got some really great stuff lined up already and I can't wait to show you. Squish debuts on October 1st at SquishStyle.com, so I've got lots of work to do until then. I hope you'll come on over to Squish and follow along!

Until then:
1. Start your countdown!
2. Like Squish on Facebook (right here)
3. Follow Squish on Twitter (@SquishStyle)

No comments:

Post a Comment