Friday, June 3, 2011

Graduation Recap

It happened! I'm finally graduated! I wore the gown, walked the stage and flipped the tassel... the whole deal. It feels great, although it hasn't totally set in yet. It was a huge, exciting, and completely overwhelming day.

My family traveled the whole 7 hours to attend the ceremony and they brought my graduation present... A PUPPY! They handed me this completely adorable pup about 10 minutes before I had to leave for graduation... needless to say I ended up being a little late! I has completely surprised, ecstatic and overwhelmed. I promise to write a whole post about this new family addition soon!


The Journalism and Mass Communications graduation took place on the campus' historic Tower Lawn, one of the most beautiful places on the campus. Jake's family and a couple of my good friend also joined us at the graduation. It felt amazing walking out on the lawn and seeing all of the people I love cheering me on.


Afterwards, the Curtises bought everyone dinner at our favorite downtown restaurant, The Loft. It was such a memorable evening and a great way to celebrate five years of hard work.



A huge thank you to my family and my friends who got me through my college years. From my parents who paid the bills for four years and demanded success to my friends who were with me from Freshman Orientation to the end of my senior year. Thank you to my Alpha Phi Omega brothers and my Alpha Xi Delta sisters. Thank you to my husband Jake for being my biggest support since sophomore year. I love each and every one of you and appreciate your encouragement and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment