Friday, January 28, 2011

Things I'm Thinking About Today

School started off quite unusually this week. For the first time, every single one of my professors used the full first day of class. You might not think that's weird, but trust me, it is. Usually, professors just go over the syllabus and let you go after fifteen minutes. This week, they finished up with the syllabus and went right into their lectures. I do not believe that bodes well for the rest of the semester.

I think I might regret my decision to stack all my classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Sure, it means that every weekend is a four day weekend and I can use Monday, Wednesday and Friday to work, but those Tu/Ths are tough. Real tough.

There are some bright spots. I know at least one person in every class and I'm pretty sure I'm going to love my Bible History class. I already learned why we have bunnies and eggs on Easter. Let me give you a hint... it has nothing to do with Jesus.

On the flip side, work is going in the complete opposite direction. I have two jobs. One is working remotely for my father in law. I do that one from home and Jake helps out a lot of the time. The other one is working for the University in the Transfer Orientation Office. It's a pretty sweet gig. I can walk to work and I have a great boss. The only problem is, the work is seasonal. I only work when the University has sessions and there aren't going to be any for a while. I got hired on for the next season, but it doesn't start until March. Yup, that's right... I don't have to go to work until March.

At first I was freaking out a little bit. I was worried about missing out on paychecks... especially since we're saving up for our big trip. Then my wonderful husband turned the whole situation around by reminding me that God always provides and that I can use my month off work to get a good head start on school and projects. I'm going to try and spend some of that time coming up with fresh stuff to share with you here on the blog. It's weird not to be working... but I think I can get used to it.

I'm pretty proud that I've been keeping up with my gym routine and diet. I am not a morning person, but I finally feel motivated enough to push through. Now I'm just working on keeping that motivation even when the results don't come at light speed.

There's something new to work towards though, since me and my best friend Megan have decided we are going to participate in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. It means walking 60 miles and raising at least $2,300, but it is something very near and dear to our hearts and we can't wait for the experience. The walk starts on September 9th so we have quite a bit of training to do between now and then.

Besides that, we're getting more involved with our church. We're on the "Discovery Team" now, which means we'll help facilitate the classes and discussions people come to when they are new to the church. It's a process we just went through recently and we're excited to welcome others.

I think those are about all the updates and musings that have been swimming around in my head lately. Oh, one last thing. A super cute video we stumbled across today. Did you know that Jake and I spent a good part of the beginning of our relationship getting to know each other over instant message, emails, texts and calls? Well, we did. Ah, the good old days. Sometimes, it felt a little bit like this...


(If it is too small to read, just click through to YouTube!)

No comments:

Post a Comment