Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Two Landmark Days

We started off this week with two very significant days. The first was our 6th month-iversary on Sunday the 5th. We can hardly believe that it has been six months from the day we tied the knot! Married life is pretty much our favorite thing ever and we count our blessings every day. We had a laid back day, since relaxation has been scarce lately. We went to church, went out to lunch and spent the evening curled up on the couch while it poured outside. We have so many fond memories from our wedding and look forward to celebrating our one year anniversary in the summer.

Total Flirts

Then Monday rolled around and it was an emotional day for me. On the 6th, I officially passed on my position as chapter president to my very good friend and sister, Jessica. I spend a good part of the day trying to come up with the final words I wanted to say to my sisters as their president. During the meeting and ceremony, I cried pretty much the whole time, so I'm sure they couldn't understand a word. They got the gist though. It has been a roller coaster of a year. From coming together as forty-five total strangers to receiving our charter and all the way to being an eighty woman chapter, I have learned so much about myself, about leadership and about sisterhood. It feels strange to be moving on from this position and wrapping up school next semester, but I know I've left the chapter in good hands with Jessica and I'm proud of what we've built.

Alpha Xi Delta - Iota Omicron

We're so excited for Winter Break in a few days and having some time to really relax and refocus.

No comments:

Post a Comment